- Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution – University of Windsor College of Law
- Certificate in Advanced Alternative Dispute Resolution – University of Windsor College of Law
- Conflict Resolution Training – Irish Peace Institute (IPI) at the University of Limerick
- Certificate in Conflict Analysis – United States Institute of Peace (USIP)
- Certificate in Interfaith Conflict Resolution – United States Institute of Peace (USIP)
- Introductory Course on the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
Miceál practices in all areas of mediation, specialising in family mediations, workplace and employee dispute resolution and in commercial mediations. He has successfully conducted mediations for County Councils, Local Authorities, Health Service Executive (HSE), social work departments, individuals, families, labour organisations and corporate entities as well as taking part in conflict resolution work in the international arena.
Miceál regularly conducts mediations throughout Munster and Leinster and by appointment is available to conduct mediation throughout Ireland and Great Britain. He also has extensive mediation experience in the United States and Canada.